The IT Service Administrator, as part of CGT Catapult’s in-house IT department, is a site-based role located at our Stevenage office, working as part of our corporate-wide IT Service Desk function. The IT Service Administrator provides Level 1 support to CGT Catapult employees and external Collaborator organisations, providing break-fix incident resolution and service request fulfillment in a timely & professional manner.
The IT Service Administrator is a customer service-based role, providing a centralised first-point-of-contract for end users into IT. The IT Service Administrator must be customer focused, being able to provide professional engagement with end-users via the IT Service Desk portal, telephone or face-to-face contact.
Relationships and Engagement - Stakeholder Management
Customer Service Support:
- Support the IT Service Desk Manager in delivering a first-class IT service provision to end-users, via a consistently professional approach.
- Respond to common requests for IT service, following agreed procedures, providing required information to end-users to enable fulfilment.
- Maintain accurate records, ensuring end-users are kept informed of progress, following agreed procedures and logging actions taken.
Delivery & Operation – Service Management
- Identify, register & categorise incidents in line with CGT Catapult IT procedures.
- Complete appropriate, Level 1, incident resolution of IT services for end-users.
- Gather information to enable incident resolution and prompt allocation of Level 2 problems to appropriate technical support teams.
- Maintain accurate records, in line with CGT Catapult IT standard and as directed.
- Identify and support improvements to the IT incident management processes to maintain desired level of maturity against ITIL standards.
Delivery & Operation – Security Services
- Operate and administer processes to grant access to physical assets, locations, system access rights and privileges, to provide secure access to information services.
- Perform audit and validation of existing user rights to IT systems or services.
- Operate the IT activities to support the corporate Joiners-Movers-Leavers process, in accordance with CGT Catapult IT and regulatory procedures.
Delivery & Operation – Technology Management
- Administer, track, log, report on and correct issues with technical components of any core enterprise IT Service.
- Support physical, or record-based, audits to maintain accuracy of information held on any technical component of an IT service, enabling IT CMDB updates.
Systems Installation & Removal:
- Perform simple installations, replace consumable items or check correct working of installations, in accordance with CGT Catapult IT procedures. Advise colleagues of work progress and assist end-users, as required.
- Document, and report on, work done in accordance with CGT Catapult IT standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the investigation and resolution of problems and faults concerning the installation of hardware and/or software.
Development and implementation - Content management
- Maintain accurate, professional, documented IT administration work instructions or end-user guidance materials.
- Understand CGT Catapult IT Services and end-user communities, to ensure knowledge articles are fit for purpose and provide relevant content.
- Previous experience in a customer service support role, at Level 1, or has gained experience as a competent user of computer systems.
- Previous experience working in a 1st line IT support role within a mature IT Service Management environment.
- Understanding of IT on-premise infrastructure and provision of IT cloud-based services.
- IT literacy, including extensive recent use of Word, Excel and email.
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies:
- Highly motivated, pragmatic and practical to support the mission of the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult to accelerate the development of a commercial cell and gene-based therapy industry in the UK.
- High level interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to work independently and to be able to take the initiative when completing tasks.
- Ambitious, collaborative, driven.
- Comfortable operating autonomously once goals and objectives are set.
- Accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and build rapport and trust.
- Sharing enthusiasm and motivation for one’s work with colleagues as well as inspiring others with their passion and energy.
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives and to respond to a wide range of customer and management needs.
- A positive attitude towards learning, personal and professional development.
- Keeps up to date with professional knowledge, expertise and best practice.
- Willingness to travel.
Education / Qualifications:
- Secondary education (to A level, International Baccalaureate or equivalent) or Diploma in IT.
- IT Service Management - ITIL Foundation certification (desirable).
- IT Professional Certifications - CompTIA A+ (desirable).