The Office Manager will support initiatives focused on the smooth day to day running of the shared communal areas of the CGT Catapult Stevenage Sycamore House and Manufacturing Innovation Centre facilities, to lead on initiatives focusing on the administration offices, communal areas, and meeting rooms.
The Office Manager will lead, motivate, co-ordinate and ensure a professional service for Collaborators in all aspects of the front of house provision at the CGT Catapult Stevenage Manufacturing Innovation Centre, and will act as a key liaison on behalf of CGT Catapult in regard to the planning, evaluation, and implementation of facility improvements, alterations and preventative maintenance, for equipment and infrastructure.
- Act as the key liaison for the CGT Catapult by attending all facility forums (including but not limited to operations, health and safety, and quality).
- Line management responsibility of the CGT Catapult Stevenage front of house team and to ensure sufficient front of house services are provided during facility operational hours.
- Managing budgets and accounts for the CGT Catapult Stevenage facility at Sycamore House and supporting the CGT Catapult Stevenage Manufacturing Innovation Centre (S-MIC) engineering and facilities procurement activities.
- Work with key stakeholders within CGT Catapult to ensure the building management organisation (Kadans) maintains the CGT Catapult area in accordance with the agreed preventative maintenance strategy.
- Where required, provide administration support for external and internal meetings supporting the CGT Catapult Stevenage operations.
- Ensure compliance with operational processes, risk assessments, and cross containment strategy at the Sycamore House facility.
- Schedule and ensure proper completion of work that may need to be undertaken by external contractors at either of the CGT Catapult Stevenage facilities.
- Liaise with the Sycamore House management organisation (Kadans), and CGT Catapult laboratory leads to provide appropriate access to the facility to undertake activities under the facility maintenance strategy.
- Support the monitoring of Kadans service level agreement and report on KPIs to the CGT Catapult senior leadership team.
- Participate in the planning and testing of the emergency response procedures.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment, identifying any risk to health and safety, and reporting/escalating as appropriate.
- In addition, the jobholder may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5+ years recent and relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience of people management.
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies:
- Highly motivated, pragmatic, and practical to support the mission of the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult to accelerate the development of a commercial cell and gene-based therapy industry in the UK.
- Desire to establish a high-profile career within cell and gene sector and the personal drive to help push the sector to be a commercial success.
- High level interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- A “roll your sleeves up” hands-on attitude towards varying work assignments.
- Resilient, with the ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and prioritise workload within a fast-paced professional environment, with a strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to learn quickly and respond flexibly to project needs and priorities.
- A proven history of management skills in project delivery.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to work independently and to be able to take the initiative when completing tasks.
- Comfortable operating autonomously once goals and objectives are set.
- Able to evaluate complex situations and find solutions for them in a professional manner.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and build rapport and trust.
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives and to respond to a wide range of customer and management needs.
- Proven diplomacy skills with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- A good team player with a hands-on approach, and adaptable to new challenges.
- A positive attitude towards learning, personal and professional development.
- Keeps up to date with professional knowledge, expertise, and best practice.
- Driven and proactive - goes above and beyond the call of duty to achieve company results.
- Strong influencing and leadership skills. Understands influencing, stakeholder management and negotiation strategies.
- Confidential in all matters.
- Calm in stressful situations.
- Willingness to travel.
Education / Qualifications:
- Educated to at least ‘A’ level standard or equivalent.